It’s great that you understand importance of hanging ab straps for developing strong and appealing ab muscles. It is a very wise decision to go for the best of that lot since you are literally going to trust your life with the strength of said ab straps.
The Best Rated Hanging Ab Straps – 2 Choices
|Product Show||Product Name||Website|
Perfect Fitness Ab Straps
|See Price at Amazon|
|#Alternative Choice for Shorter Arms
DMoose Fitness Ab Straps
|See Price at Amazon|
#1 Choice – Perfect Fitness Hanging Ab Straps
Check latest price at Amazon.com
We are going to keep this short and simple as these straps don’t require much explanation.
What is Good About it?
It’s appropriately short to grab the bar while your arms rest on the straps. This gives you an an added advantage to avoid rocking or swinging while trying to control your leg / knee raises.
It does not complain with weakening noises while holding the tension for high rep ranges.
The stitch design is meant for human beings unlike the other ab straps we noticed online. Not all gym equipment have to look or feel rugged. It can be soft and comfortable to enjoy the workout – especially for those who bruise fast like us.
The material is sweat resistant. This has to be obvious otherwise this product would be a total failure.
Main Features of the Perfect Ab Straps
- Supports up to 300lbs
- Sweat resistant comfort fit straps with triple stitch construction
- Attaches to most pull up bars
- Downloadable online workout sheet
- Uncomfortable for heavy or tall individuals
Customer Opinions on the Perfect Ab Straps
– Note: I am currently 290 lbs and these straps hold me comfortably for extended periods of time. The padding is comfortable, I thought being 290 lbs and using these I would be in for some discomfort but I have zero complaints about the padding – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– I was initially surprised at how short they were compared to the picture on the box (they are fixed length). I use them on my squat rack, so, being 5’6, I do have to use a stool for setup, but after I’m in position, they are great. Removing the palm stress from hanging from my hands, I can now really focus on my abs like I couldn’t before with high-rep crunches and raises. I’m currently 190lbs and they support me fine; the fabric is sturdy – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– Very nice overall. These are a fair bit smaller than other ab straps I’ve used, and because of that I find them superior. Because they are shorter I can put my hands on the pull up bar they are hanging off of and it makes my ab raises much more secure, and puts much less pressure on my armpits – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
Update on Jan 15th 2018
#2 Choice – DMoose Fitness Ab Straps
Check latest price at Amazon.com
People who are heavy or tall may find it uncomfortable to use the recommended Perfect Fitness Ab Straps recommended above. Dmoose Fitness is also a wonderful hanging ab strap for respective individuals. The straps are long enough and padded well for comfortable use.
- Heavy-duty woven & rip-resistant nylon construction
- Strong steel carabiners
- 26.25″ strap length with 5mm thickness
- Dual stitching to ensure safety
- Thickly padded elbow sleeves
- Compatible with standard pull up bars
- Life Time Guarantee
- Durable tear resistant coat finish
- Non toxic, lead and PVC free
- Odor resistant fabric
- Recommended for People with Shorter Arms or fairly tall in Height
- Height not adjustable. The only workaround is to wrap them around the bar as suggested by a customer at Amazon.com
– My Gym members love these straps and I love the splash of color and attitude. I had a 278 lb client on these so I know they are strong – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– The sleeve is very comfortable and does not scratch the arm pit and they are thus far durable and lasting to hang from the pullup bar I use them for – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– Works perfectly, and is much more comfortable than other similar products that I’ve used – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– Really great and sturdy straps. I wish that they were adjustable. I had to wrap the strap around twice to shorten them which isn’t a problem – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
We’ve received many emails suggesting that the Perfect Ab Straps is not a friendly equipment for people who are short or ones with shorter arms.
If you fall into this category, the recommend alternative is the DMoose Fitness Ab Straps – Also available at Amazon.com
Best Hanging Ab Exercises
What better way to work your abs than with a series of hanging ab exercises? Summer is around the corner. If you have already prepared your body for the beach, it’s time to get those abs to pop out.
There are many variations of the hanging ab exercises such as
- Hanging Knee Raises
- Hanging Leg Raises
- Hanging Pelvic Tilt
- Hanging Knee Circles
- Hanging Scissors
- Hanging Pike
- and the list is limitless.
With the countless variations out there, it can be overwhelming to focus on a structured ab workout.
Here’s what we recommend you do:
- Choose a combination of 2 to 3 hanging ab exercise variations.
- Make sure you can only perform a maximum of 5 to 12 reps per exercise.
- Perform these exercises in a hypertrophy fashion. Example below:
- Hanging knee raises – 5 – 12 reps, Rest 90 seconds between sets. Total 3 sets.
- Hanging oblique knee raise – 5-12 reps / side, Rest 90 seconds between sets. Total 3 sets.
- Hanging wipers – 5-12 reps / side, Rest 90 seconds between sets. Total 3 sets.
- Perform 4 to 8 minutes of high intensity cardio.
- Repeat 3 to 4 days a week.
- Do not continue this for more than 6 weeks. It can burn you out.
We have listed 5 interesting posts from fellow bloggers who have provided creative variations of hanging ab exercises with sample routines as fellow. We hope you like our collection.
#10 Hanging Core Exercises – Redefining Strength
Than focusing on abs, Cori Lefkowith decided to give an intense list of hanging “CORE” exercises with image guidelines on how to perform each exercise. We recommend you add atleast one of these core exercises to your routine. Not only will your spine thank you for this, but your overall strength on other exercises will see noticeable improvement.
# How not to swing on hanging ab exercises – AthleanX JEFF CAVALIERE
JEFF CAVALIERE is an interesting character. He has literally breached his way into the fitness industry by demonstrating the absolute optimal way to perform each exercise. This is a must watch for everybody to perfect your hanging ab exercises.
# The Best Abs Exercises On Pull-Up Bars Or Rings – CoachMagUK
This is one of those posts that literally motivates you to start hanging and crunching your abs right away! I found the knee raise twist and the garhammer raise to be very inspiring movements to work on this season.
# Hanging Ab Workout (4 MINUTES OF PAIN!) – AthleanX JEFF CAVALIERE
We just cannot get enough of this guy. Here’s a full-on 4 minute ab routine that you can follow along to keep screaming until the end of your workout.
# Shred your core only using a pull-up bar – MensHealth.com
This is another old but popular post with a video on a combination of hanging ab workouts that are selectively simple to look at but tough to perform.
Let’s face it. A full on workout on the abs by hanging can be intense, and almost impossible to perform due to our limited forearm and grip strength.
This is exactly why the hanging ab straps were made. Your forearms should not define the strength of your abs. Let those babies pop.
If you intend to perform these exercises at home, we hope you have access to a pull up bar dip station. If you don’t we recommend at-least a doorway or wall mounted pull up bar – they cost less but they are worth for life!
Get those abs popping these summer with the best ab exercise series on the planet – the hanging ab exercises.
Focus on building your abs with hypertrophy / strength like you would work other parts of the body.
Follow up with 4 to 8 minutes of high intensity cardio to burn what’s left of your body fat to make your abs more clear!